Hosted feature services could not be added to ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
10-13-2022 12:30 PM
BinkeWang1
New Contributor II

Hi there, 

I add some shapefiles to our portal, which is federated with our GIS server, and a set of hosted features services created on the server, and shown on the portal as well. I added the portal and server on ArcGIS Pro. I tried to add those hosted feature services (layers) to a map on ArcGIS Pro, it pop up a message: "Failed to add  data: http:// (server url).../FeatureServer". I logged in the server manager, and want to change the service editor/FeatureServcer, there is no option for me to change anything on the server manager; I found this Service Editor panel from ArcCatalog, I can see "Operations allowed: Create, Delete, Extract, Query, Sync and Update", but it does not allow me to change, not adjustable either. Anybody can help with this issue, thanks in advance.

Binke

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Erika_ess
Esri Contributor

You'll need to make it a feature service and not a hosted feature service as outlined in this article. Try this as well. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Erika_ess
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

Have you tried trouble shooting using this document? If so, did you prepare your data for offline use

0 Kudos
BinkeWang1
New Contributor II
Hi Erika_S,
Thanks for input. Yes, I tried it. No help. It does not seem apply to my issue. My ArcGIS server is running. I also try restarting it from the server machine's service panel, no help. Those Start/Stop icons for each service on the server manager are grayed out, I can not do anything. I tried from ArcCatalog, no workable options either. Thanks
Binke
0 Kudos
Erika_ess
Esri Contributor

The start/stop are only available for non-hosted feature services. Hopefully this article can help?

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000027902

"By design, the Start and Stop buttons are unavailable when managing the hosted feature services in ArcGIS Server Manager as the services are stored in ArcGIS Data Store. The Start and Stop buttons are only available for non-hosted services." 

0 Kudos
BinkeWang1
New Contributor II

I tried, no help either. I did stop and restart from the Machine's Service panel, no luck. I got access to Server path on ArcCatalog also, and able to stop and restart those hosted services (layers), but no help for some reasons, still could not add it to the map on ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks for reply.

Binke

0 Kudos
Erika_ess
Esri Contributor

Have you tried publishing the data as a feature service instead of a hosted feature service?

0 Kudos
BinkeWang1
New Contributor II

Not yet. I am new with Enterprise, and know little about Portal and Server. I just want to upload some shapefiles to Portal to play with mapping. Maybe because the server was federated with the portal, after upload, two items shown up on the portal: one is shapefile, another is hosted layer which can be seen on the server also. When I open ArcGIS pro, only hosted layers visible at portal tab, but can not be added to map.

Thanks for followup   

0 Kudos
Erika_ess
Esri Contributor

You'll need to make it a feature service and not a hosted feature service as outlined in this article. Try this as well. 

BinkeWang1
New Contributor II
Thanks a lot Erika, it does work out fine published as a feature service from the server, not portal. I sincerely appreciate your help.
Erika_ess
Esri Contributor

Awesome! I'm glad it worked. 

0 Kudos