How to set the same image display across users?

04-22-2020 06:54 AM
tt1
by
New Contributor II

I currently have a group of users counting objects in a satellite image.

To ensure viewing conditions are the same for each user, I want each user to view the image the same. In other words, I want each user to have the same display.

To do this, I have asked each user to zoom to the same scale (e.g., 1:1,000) and have created a fishnet of polygons. Each user selects a fishnet polygon and zooms to the set scale. However, the display appears different even when using the same scale. Some users are more "zoomed in" and others are more "zoomed out" despite setting the same scale. 

Details: 

All users are working on the exact same satellite image (0.5 m Worldview Imagery). However, some users are using ArcGIS Pro, Arcmap and others QGIS. The laptops being used are also different. Even amongst the ArcGIS users, setting the same scale does not result in the same display. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

What about using a layer file (Save a layer file—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation ) or layer package (Share a layer package—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation ) and sharing it via ArcGIS Enterprise for the ArcGIS Pro users to use?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
tt1
by
New Contributor II

After a solution that works across platforms as only myself and 1 other user have Arcgis Pro. The rest are students with Arcmap or QGIS

0 Kudos