How to show boundary line for each time period layer in space time cube using ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
08-03-2023 03:09 AM
Labels (1)
seruntiningrumGD19
New Contributor II

Hello, I have created space time cube for cultural heritage distribution in some area in my country. I really confused how to show the boundary line for each time layer, for example like this picture below.

seruntiningrumGD19_0-1691056629684.png

In that screenshot, you can see the boundary line in each time period. I also want to create that kind of visualization in my space time cube result. What should I do with the boundary line? How to show those boundary in each period of time? 

I really need it to finish my final research for my collage 😞 I'm very gratefull if you can help me with this question. Thankyouu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

That specific web scene has been created in City Engine, not ArcGIS Pro. However, parts of the workflow have included ArcGIS Pro. Today, it might even be that you do not need City Engine at all, as Pro has evolved.

Have you seen this page where the workflow is described in general terms?
Napoleon’s March to Moscow Map | Maps We Love - Esri

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

That specific web scene has been created in City Engine, not ArcGIS Pro. However, parts of the workflow have included ArcGIS Pro. Today, it might even be that you do not need City Engine at all, as Pro has evolved.

Have you seen this page where the workflow is described in general terms?
Napoleon’s March to Moscow Map | Maps We Love - Esri

seruntiningrumGD19
New Contributor II

Okay, thankyou for your answer. I have seen that page, but I haven't notice the workflow yet. I will trying to understanding the workflow. Thankyou for your help 

0 Kudos
seruntiningrumGD19
New Contributor II

Hello again,, I still struggle to create time slices layer in space time cube using ArcGIS Pro. I found this upgraded model from the previous one that I uploaded before.

seruntiningrumGD19_0-1691326081023.png

https://twitter.com/kennethfield/status/1138859944529186816

In that upgraded model, he used ArcGIS Pro. Do you know how to create the time slices layer in space time cube using ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

You have to do it manually. Try creating a polygon "at the right height" and then use Duplicate Vertical to create a boundary line for each time period you want to be shown. Symbolize the polygons with a black border and no fill color.

AndreasHall_0-1691386095483.png

0 Kudos
seruntiningrumGD19
New Contributor II

Okayy, thankyou very much for your help 😊

0 Kudos