How to visualize social network diagrams on maps

09-29-2017 01:01 PM
LauraThompson
New Contributor

I have just downloaded ArcGIS Pro and wish to draw social network diagrams on a map. I have the relational data between the specific locations and I have the GPS coordinates for each location as well. I believe an older version of ArcGIS offered a solution under Schematics (ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) ) but I have not been able to find any documentation about how to do this in ArcGIS Pro, nor can I find where to download version 10.2. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Greg_Mattis
Occasional Contributor II

laura.thompson2

ArcGIS Pro does not have the Schamtics extensions you would need to use ArcMap in order to use that extensions. Are you using the software from the trial or did you purchase it. If you purchased it, you can download 10.2 from my.esri.com.

Greg Mattis, GISP
GIS Analyst
City of Visalia
0 Kudos
LauraThompson
New Contributor

Thank you for your response. The plan was to test out the trial version first. Do I need to purchase this in order to use ArcMap? Would the basic version or even the personal use version be sufficient to use the Schematics application? 

0 Kudos
LauraThompson
New Contributor

I have one additional question! Do you know what the input network data format is? I have a huge dataset in two different configurations and I am hoping that one of the two will be sufficient for ArcMap Schematics. Thanks!

0 Kudos