Hyperlink not working ArcGIS Pro 3.2

12-18-2023 10:22 AM
Labels (1)
Yeaton
by
New Contributor II

Hello All,

ArcGIS Pro 3.2

My database was built in ArcMap over many years.  I have a feature class with a text field "Addressfile". This, unsurprisingly, is a point file feature class that has supplementary info hyperlinked to the feature, such as photos, and asbuilts. The hyperlinks are activated by the "thunderbolt icon" in ArcMap. The destination for the links in Arcmap are folders in a shared drive particular to each address with pathways in the UNC syntax. The destinations are copy-pasted and scripted from my network drive in Windows File Explorer. The link is active and opens all data for the entire feature class when using ArcMap.

I have started to migrate to ArcGIS 3.2. None of these links works in ArcGIS Pro, and I haven't found a similar feature to the hyperlink thunderbolt as is available in ArcMap. Is it possible to link to a folder on a shared network drive in Arcgis Pro, or do all hyperlinks need a file extension, i.e. .pdf, .jpeg?

Thanks very much for any suggestions

6 Replies
Jordan_Brasher
Esri Contributor

Hi @Yeaton, thank you for your post. I believe the behavior you are seeing is related to a known software defect: 

BUG-000162956: The hyperlink link at the folder level does not work in ArcGIS Pro 3.2.

This bug applies to Pro version 3.2, so it might be worth testing demoting Pro to 3.1 to see if the behavior persists (it shouldn't). If it does persist in 3.1, I'd encourage you to open a tech support ticket.

I hope this helps!

Yeaton
by
New Contributor II

Hi Jordan,

Just now checking in on my old post! I will take up your recommendation.  Thank you very much for your response.

Best,

Aaron

JerriBrown
New Contributor

Is it possible this will be fixed before a new version comes out?

0 Kudos
GeoPolar
New Contributor III

Same problem. 

0 Kudos
StephanieTaylor22
New Contributor

My org also has this problem. 

0 Kudos
BSBlagojevic
New Contributor III

Unfortunately YES! Same problem!