Image not showing up in Pop-Ups

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
ToniBisig
New Contributor II

Attempting to configure embedded image in pop-ups for a layer in Pro

When using an image URL (flickr and imgur) inside of a pop-up it does not show up in the pop-up. Only a small picture icon will display. Does anyone know why this would happen? Does this with all layers and all different URLs attempted. HTML mode doesn't make a difference. 

DanicaBisig_0-1713559014437.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniBisig
New Contributor II

I was able to contact Esri and figure out the problem. Turns out certain URLs won't display properly in ArcGIS Pro pop-ups. When copying the link from Imgur, for example, it HAD to be "BB code" and after copy/pasting I had to remove everything but the image URL. The image URLs also have to end in .png/.jpeg so any other kind of image URL won't display properly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZakBaron
New Contributor III

I just tested this out in ArcGIS Pro and did not have the problem you are reporting. My popup configuration looks like this:

ZakBaron_0-1713825795200.png

"{image_url}" being the field that is holding the url to the image. 

Just for clarity, are you using the 'Image' button at the top of the popup configuration dialog?

ZakBaron_1-1713825933044.png

0 Kudos
BenClian
New Contributor

I'm encountering the same issue when attempting to configure embedded images in pop-ups for a layer in Pro. Regardless of the image URLs used (from platforms like flickr and imgur), only a small picture icon appears instead of the actual image in the pop-up. I've tried various URLs and even experimented with HTML mode, but haven't had any success. Has anyone found a solution or experienced similar difficulties?

0 Kudos
ToniBisig
New Contributor II

I was able to contact Esri and figure out the problem. Turns out certain URLs won't display properly in ArcGIS Pro pop-ups. When copying the link from Imgur, for example, it HAD to be "BB code" and after copy/pasting I had to remove everything but the image URL. The image URLs also have to end in .png/.jpeg so any other kind of image URL won't display properly.

0 Kudos