Importing shapefile to a GDB in Arcgis Pro

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
ENRIQUEVELA
New Contributor II

Currently using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1.

I imported a shapefile to a Feature dataset inserted in a File Geodatabase, I don´t get any warning message, but some data from the file is missed. I checked extent, name lenght, data propieties but I can´t find the possible error.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

coordinate system : WGS 1984 UTM Zone 18S

data :  polylines  polyline ZM

:  32 records   many fields are empty, perhaps because of a temporary join

removed some extraneous files so that I could run a repair geometry.  see the attached

If there is geometry or attributes missing, then you will have to return to how it was created in the first place.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

what type of data are missing?  geometry? attributes?

a validation of the geometry is done when bringing features into a gdb, so bad geometry would get removed.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ENRIQUEVELA
New Contributor II

Geometry and attributes. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
ENRIQUEVELA
New Contributor II

Thanks for the information. I followed the instructions, I runned Check and Repair Geometry, but the error persists. I attached the file with the problem, to have a look of it. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

coordinate system : WGS 1984 UTM Zone 18S

data :  polylines  polyline ZM

:  32 records   many fields are empty, perhaps because of a temporary join

removed some extraneous files so that I could run a repair geometry.  see the attached

If there is geometry or attributes missing, then you will have to return to how it was created in the first place.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ENRIQUEVELA
New Contributor II

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos