In modelbuilder: Error 000840 The value is not a raster dataset

2 weeks ago
ChristopherBeal
New Contributor

Having a recurring issue in modelbuilder where after a single run, raster datasets are no longer seen as rasters and can't be written as raster outputs or used as inputs unless I restart the program, remove and then add the dataset to the model again. As outputs, the only solution is to rename the raster—every time I run the model. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with these raster datasets as far as I can tell. I can use them like normal in all raster geoprocessing tools outside of modelbuilder.

This is occurring for raster datasets throughout the model, and it's totally breaking my ability to use modelbuilder which I've relied on extensively for my work. I've used this workflow for years, and this problem has only appeared in the last few months.

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One thing to test in your model - for the output, instead of of geodatabase raster dataset, add .tif right after the name of the output and see if the model works with *.tif's versus GDB raster datasets.  We'll start here on the troubleshooting and see what the result is here first.  Then go from there!

0 Kudos