Include Customized Ribbon in Project Template

08-13-2023 02:08 PM
Labels (2)
D_Jarrad
New Contributor

I want to create a project template that also includes a customized ribbon tab that I created, however I have not been successful so far. I have tried to create a project template with having "Share outside of organization" checked and unchecked; by uploading it to ArcGIS Online and saving it as a file; and adding the ribbon import file as an attachment. None have worked so far. Is there a way to create a project template that will include the customized ribbon? Or, will the ribbon have to be imported?

Currently running ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1.

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

not sure if you can same them in the template, unless you export them to the project folder but you can export and import them

Customize the ribbon options—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

there is no mention in either the customize ribbon documentation or the project template documentation, but it may be worth checking this... or worse case, save the customization file to the project folder and provide documentation on how to import it

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
D_Jarrad
New Contributor

Thanks for the help! I've also been unable to find anything related to keeping customized ribbons within the project template, so I think it will just have to be that the customization file is provided and imported, unfortunately.

0 Kudos