Is it possible to create hanging paragraphs within graphic text in ArcPro layout?

Jump to solution
03-10-2023 03:08 PM
JamesAmato
New Contributor III

Wondering if its possible to create hanging paragraphs within graphic text in ArcPro layouts? A hanging paragraph is a paragraph in which the first line is set to the left margin, but all subsequent lines are indented. It appears you can only (1) Indent first line, (2) Indent before, (3) Indent after. I'm also not seeing any formatting tags to indent. 

When creating layouts in ArcMap, we could insert Microsoft Word documents with the ability to create hanging paragraphs. It appears you can not insert Word documents into ArcPro?

Any feedback is appreciated. Cheers 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesAmato
New Contributor III

I contacted ESRI technical support about this matter. You can create hanging paragraphs in ArcPro using the following commands.

1. Right-click on Text from Contents pane and select Properties.
  2. In the Text window > select the Text Symbol tab > choose Formatting.
  3. Below Paragraph Change the Indent first line to -12 pt and Indent before to 12 pt.

par.png

par2.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamesAmato
New Contributor III

I contacted ESRI technical support about this matter. You can create hanging paragraphs in ArcPro using the following commands.

1. Right-click on Text from Contents pane and select Properties.
  2. In the Text window > select the Text Symbol tab > choose Formatting.
  3. Below Paragraph Change the Indent first line to -12 pt and Indent before to 12 pt.

par.png

par2.png