Is there a streetview add-in for ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
02-16-2017 10:47 PM
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there

Is anybody aware of a streetview add-in for ArcGIS Pro? 

Thank you.

51 Replies
PetrBlahník
New Contributor II

Hi, thanks for the add-in!!!

I tested the Streetview add-in and I think it will be working (it opens web browser on google maps) but in my case, the coordinates given to browser has coma decimals separator. I think its because my Czech (Europe) Windows, am I right? And is it possible to handle it in your add-in?
Thank you very much, Petr B.

BrettSanders
New Contributor III

Thanks for the add-in.  I do have a couple of enhancements/issues.  I am running in ArcPro 2.0.  After installing the addin, you click on one of the ribbon apps and you can't release it back to the original ID/Select settings.  Also,  you can't remove the addin unless you remove the fil;e placed in the user folder structure. Lastly, StreetView opens in full screen mode which will cover what you are working on.  It might be more useful if it is a smaller window that pops on top of the ArcPro window.  Other than these issues, I'm glad someone is providing something for Street View for Pro!

0 Kudos
JonSedey1
New Contributor II

Thank you for sharing this out! I just started testing this in 2.3.0 and so far its working great. 

0 Kudos
RubenReguero_Quirantes1
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for the add-in!!!

Like Petr B.I tested the Streetview add-in and I think it will be working (it opens web browser on google maps) but in my case, the coordinates given to browser has coma decimals separator. I think its because my Spanish (Europe) Windows, am I right? And is it possible to handle it in your add-in?
Thank you very much, Petr B.

BrianBulla

MapPoint.X and MapPoint.Y are both double, so if your system is set for a "comma" decimal separator your best bet might be to convert them both to a string, and then replace the "comma" with a "decimal" since that is what the Google URL is expecting.

Something like this might work:

string yString = coords.Y.toString().Replace(",", ".");

string xString = coords.X.toString().Replace(",", ".");

And then replace coords in the URL with yString and xString respectively.  I would think that would work, but I haven't actually tried it.

0 Kudos
Aleixbs
New Contributor

Hi Brian, 

Sorry if it's a newbie question, but I don't have much experience developing addin extensions. 

Once the changes to the c# file are done do you have to recompile it? 

-Aleix

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Yes, once you "Build" the project that will create a new .esriAddInX file.

0 Kudos
IoDogani
New Contributor

Thank you for the addin! Works perfect! (current version arcpro 2.9.2)

0 Kudos
AlanTonkin_FMConway
New Contributor II

Just updated to Pro 3.0 and the Add-In doesn't load. Complains that it targets an incompatible version of ArcGIS Pro (2.0). Does anyone know of a workaround other than re-compiling the source code to include 3.0?

0 Kudos
AlanTonkin_FMConway
New Contributor II

Hi Gregg,

Would you be able to compile the Add-In so that it installs correctly under ArcGIS Pro 3.0?

The version under GitHub is targeted at version 2. This tool is such a massive help and it would be great if you could do this for the community.

0 Kudos