Is there a way to replace only part of the records in a table based on a unique ID?

Jump to solution
05-11-2023 11:47 AM
AyeletGreenberg
Occasional Contributor

We have a vendor that collects Signs data in the field. They couldn’t work with our hosted layer so they downloaded the data, worked on it  (updated points location and other details), and then sent me the updated data.

I now need to import the data back to the original GIS layer and replace existing records with those in the vendor’s data, based on the Sign_ID (unique field).  But there is a problem - they didn't update all of the signs. So if there are 500 signs in the area they worked in, they updated about 450 of them, and the other 50 are not in their data.

So my question is: is there a way to replace only part of the records in a table based on a unique ID? (Without knowing which Unique IDs were updated and need to be replaced)

See the attached screenshot - the yellow points are our data (IDs= 6100, 6101, 6102, 6103), and the blue points are the vendor's data (IDs= 6100, 6101, 6102).

So is there a way to replace only 6100, 6101, 6102 and keep 6103 as is?

I can't use spatial proximity because their points often have different locations than the original points, and there are other close signs. (e.g. ID= 6101)

AyeletGreenberg_0-1683830720137.png

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
KevinSaavedra
Esri Contributor

Hi @AyeletGreenberg,

In ArcGIS Pro 3.1, the Append tool now has the "Upsert" (Update and Insert) capability, which seems like an ideal fit for your use case. Note that we plan on adding performance enhancements for feature services in future releases, but it should still work.

For more information, please refer to the following blog post: Upsert your datasets using the Append tool in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. 

Kevin

AyeletGreenberg
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot! This is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos