Join Field GP tool Error 000499

Jump to solution
03-18-2024 02:22 PM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hello.  I am using the 'Join Field' GP tool for the first time.  I am trying to add a field, and the data, from a FGDB feature class in Pro, where I added a new field and data, to the same feature class in our sde GDB, which does not have this new field.  The sde feature class is in feature dataset that is registered as versioned.  The editing option for the sde feature class is clicked on in Pro.  I am using the 'Select transfer fields' parameter in the GP tool and choosing the field I want to add to my sde feature class.  I do not have a field (null values) set up in my sde feature class to receive the data.  I am assuming the field will be added.  I have tried the GP tool using the our Default version and using my edit child version.  Regardless, running the tool returns an 'ERROR 000499: table is not editable' message.  What am I doing wrong?  Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardHowe

The join fields tool requires a schema lock on your data because it's adding a new field

Generally that error will be thrown when you have either unsaved edits on the target feature class in the Pro session you're running it in, or the target feature class is either open or being edited in another instance of Pro or by somebody else.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardHowe

The join fields tool requires a schema lock on your data because it's adding a new field

Generally that error will be thrown when you have either unsaved edits on the target feature class in the Pro session you're running it in, or the target feature class is either open or being edited in another instance of Pro or by somebody else.

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Richard,  Thanks for the reply.  I failed to check and see if I had any edits hanging out there as unsaved.  Something to remember to check in the future.  Regards, Jay