Label weights not obeying rules in ArcGIS Pro layout view

02-01-2017 06:58 AM
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I adjusted my label weights in ArcGIS Pro so that labels will not be placed over certain features. This works in the "Map" view. Here is what I have for the weights.

And here is how it looks:

However, when I go to Layout view, the weights are not affected. Here is how it looks (and I verified the same weights as before):

You can see the labels crossing my features, etc. Is this a bug or is there something else I need to look at?

I'm using ArcGIS Pro version 1.4.

3 Replies
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Adrian,

It looks like the extent or scale of the map has changed slightly in the layout example.  This change allowed an additional label to appear (Tuscun grove CV) and it pushed the other label across the feature.

Take a look at the extent and scale to ensure they are the same between the map and layout.  You can also increase the weight if you need to ensure the labels don't overlap the feature with these other differences.

thanks

Wendy

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Wendy,

You're right that the extent and scale did change. However, I have adjusted the weights as far as I can and the labels do not budge. I have a slight feeling that it is a bug since nothing happens when I adjust the weights.

For example, look at Willow Springs Ln at the top. It will not move from where it is based on any feature weight that I put in.

Thanks,

Adrian

TammiDoyle
New Contributor II

Fast forward to 2024 and I have the same issue. It must be a bug.

0 Kudos