Labels overlap features with 1000 weight

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
ChrisHomenko
New Contributor

Arcgis Pro 3.2.2

I have the feature weight of the green lines below wet to 1000 for interior and exterior.

The label ( separate feature) is set to best position and top left zone as 2 rank. maximum offset is 1000 map units (trying to let it move)

Maplex label engine is on. 

Thought it may be the balloon that is not considered in the label placement but the text is overlapping the feature with a weight of 1000.

Would anticipate for the "16-20" label it would move to the top left zone and cant figure out why it so not.

ChrisHomenko_0-1713385345310.png

ChrisHomenko_1-1713385703551.png

ChrisHomenko_2-1713385739070.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting.  So a couple things I tried with similar data is to change the callout type from balloon to background and changed the color to white and changed the outline color to black to see if that made any difference.  Kind of.  Second thing I did was go into the zones area of placement and change the 2 value to the 6 o'clock position vs the 10 o'clock position to see if that helped with placements and overlaps.  Kind of.  Try changing your zones up a bit and see if you get a desired outcome.

0 Kudos
TammiDoyle
New Contributor II

Beyond annoying. I have the same issue. Road polylines set to zero weight, property polygon areas and outlines set to max 1000 and STILL the road names overlap the polygons, even though there is a large  open length of road to label. Would love to hear from a developer, as I read someone else had this issue back in the '1' version of Arc Pro.