legend bounding box and border don't match

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
JoeLummi
New Contributor III

The border around my legend and the bonding box (with handlers) for the legend when selected do not align as shown below.  I can not seem to find a setting in the legend properties to correct this but as it is, it is hard to place the legend with this offset (plus it is just annoying).  How can I fix this in ArcGIS Pro 3.1?

image.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

I don't have a map with a legend available at this moment but if memory serves correctly, I think you can simply grab one of the corners and give the box a smaller footprint by bringing it in towards the legend items.

*Edit

Perhaps you may want to try setting up your legend properties as "Adjust frame" under the "Legend Arrangement Options" tab. I believe this option will force a "related" scale between your legend outline and your legend items.

Eugene_Adkins_0-1714160655465.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Eugene_Adkins

I don't have a map with a legend available at this moment but if memory serves correctly, I think you can simply grab one of the corners and give the box a smaller footprint by bringing it in towards the legend items.

*Edit

Perhaps you may want to try setting up your legend properties as "Adjust frame" under the "Legend Arrangement Options" tab. I believe this option will force a "related" scale between your legend outline and your legend items.

Eugene_Adkins_0-1714160655465.png

0 Kudos
JoeLummi
New Contributor III

Adjust frame was it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins

Very welcome. Hopefully that helps the week end and the weekend start a little better for you 👍

0 Kudos