Map graphics suddenly unselectable

05-02-2023 01:22 PM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Hi all, I am curious what the workaround is to a map graphics layer becoming unselectable. I have two graphics layers in my map, one for labels and one containing a white polygon for some layout trickery. However, I'm no longer able to select that polygon or edit its vertices.

I can't click it with the graphic select tool (even when Target Layer is set to that one), and Select All only picks up my road labels:

rburke_0-1683058157169.png

Graphics also have no TOC/layers pane for selection that way as far as I know, but I know it's in that layer because it turns off when I uncheck its box:

rburke_1-1683058765272.png

I'm stumped but wouldn't be surprised if this is a bug. Is it possible for graphics layers to be locked? I've cleared my cache, have tried making copies of the layer, map, and even exporting as a .lyrx and adding back to the map -- no luck. Looking for suggestions if others have run into this, thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Happened again in another project created in Pro 3.1.1. Must be a bug.

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Workaround: Right click the feature. You get a context menu of course, but at least it selects. However, still no remedy for 'select all' or multi-select with dragging or otherwise.

SteveIrving
New Contributor II

Here we go again... as ESRI continues to break ArcMap and i continue to 'try' to be productive in 'pro', something like this gobbles up unnecessary time.  Is this really still broken?  has there been any explanation?
I, too, discovered the 'workaround' but that eliminates all of the select by rect, poly, line, etc... functionality.  and of course, it is impossible to select more than one item at a time like this.  Is there an accidentally tripped setting here somewhere????
in what way is this 'pro' behavior????

0 Kudos