Missing features in DateOnly field

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Labels (2)
AmberMillison
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a layer that uses a DateOnly field, and I have 38 polygon features that are each repeated 11 times (one feature per year over 11 years). I realized as I was applying a definition query that, for some features, there are years where the feature is not showing up on the map, even though these features are no different from other years (all years were copied and pasted from the same original fetaure).

The missing features have the same values in the Shape Length and Area fields as all other years, and when I use the Edit Vertices modify tool, the vertices do show up as if the feature does actually exist. Here is an example:

For TES, I have 11 identical features where the only difference is the year:

AmberMillison_0-1713533993123.png

When I select TES from the map, only 2 years are selected:

AmberMillison_1-1713534092191.png

So for example, the feature for 9/30/2023 seemingly does not exist. Here is a query for year 2023; there is a blank white space where TES should be:

AmberMillison_3-1713534196459.png

But when I remove the query, and use the modify tool for the TES 2023 feature, it appears that vertices do exist (the light blue fill color is from another year that is not having the issue):

AmberMillison_4-1713534316674.png

Can anyone explain this? Am I doing something wrong or is this some sort of glitch with the new dateOnly field? The layer is in a geodatabase and I am operating on v3.2.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmberMillison
New Contributor III

Well, if anyone else has this issue, check that it's not an issue related to importing symbology. When I redid the symbolization all my features were there!! Oops 🙂 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmberMillison
New Contributor III

Well, if anyone else has this issue, check that it's not an issue related to importing symbology. When I redid the symbolization all my features were there!! Oops 🙂 

0 Kudos