Select to view content in your preferred language

Mobile Map Package incorrect Basemap

Jump to solution
02-05-2024 10:51 AM
Labels (1)
WyattCharter
New Contributor II

Newbie here, I have uploaded a mobile field map package and accessed it on my ArcGIS field maps app on my iPhone, but it is just showing the polygons I created on a blank white background. The hybrid basemap is missing and I am not sure why it did not export with the map originally. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 10.50.16 AM.jpeg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately, you need a Publisher license to do so. See below screengrab that shows you where this option would be with the extension enabled.

If this is one of the standard Esri basemaps that is being referenced, then you can easily download it as a tpkx file, then add this to the map and so remove the dependency on any online layers.  Without the Publisher extension, all the data you include in the MMPK must be downloaded/packaged for offline use. 

MMPK publisher.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MervynLotter

The reason is most likely due to the projection of your basemap image. Vector data is easily reprojected in a MMPK, but not the basemap or raster data. If you can, set your project coordinate system to WGS 1984 Web Mercator and then make sure your basemap is in the same projection (not reprojected on the fly), then your polygons should display on top of your basemap without problems. 

0 Kudos
WyattCharter
New Contributor II

I figured out when I analyze the package, it gives the error code " 24124: Service Layer will not be included in mobile package."

When I go to the solutions it says to "Click the Package tab and enable Reference online content to reference service layers in the package. You must be online to connect to the services." 

But i cannot find that "enable reference online content" on my package tab. 

0 Kudos
MervynLotter

Unfortunately, you need a Publisher license to do so. See below screengrab that shows you where this option would be with the extension enabled.

If this is one of the standard Esri basemaps that is being referenced, then you can easily download it as a tpkx file, then add this to the map and so remove the dependency on any online layers.  Without the Publisher extension, all the data you include in the MMPK must be downloaded/packaged for offline use. 

MMPK publisher.png

0 Kudos
WyattCharter
New Contributor II

Gotcha, that makes sense. Thank you!

0 Kudos