NAICS Codes using Business Analyst for Generating Points from Business Listings

04-02-2024 08:28 AM
Labels (2)
mharmo30
New Contributor

I am using a Python notebook within ArcGIS Pro to essentially use coding for Business Analyst results.  I want to search three specific NAICS codes to generate a list of points from business listings via arcpy.ba.GeneratePointsfromBusinessListings (I already know how to do this via Points of Interest Search within Business Analyst, but not using arcpy)

I am unsure of the syntax for putting in the NAICS codes because I keep getting an error message that says:

ExecuteError: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000800: The value is not a member of CONAME | STREET | CITY | STATE | STATE_NAME | ZIP | ZIP4 | SIC_ALL | SIC | NAICS_ALL | NAICS | SALESVOL | EMPNUM | PLACETYPE | HQNAME | SQFOOTAGE | MIN_SQFT | LOC_CONF.
Failed to execute (GeneratePointsFromBusinessListings).

The NAICS codes I am using are 33341409, 42372031, & 42372032.  Does anyone know the syntax for this?  My syntax for a search using one NAICS code (below) did not work.  I only need the out feature class, in search features, and filters.  The rest of the options are not needed for my search.  Thanks in advance!

out_feature_class = 'SolarBusinesses'
in_search_features = "NC_Buffer"
filter_name = "NAICS"
filter_value = 33341409
arcpy.ba.GeneratePointsFromBusinessListings(out_feature_class, in_search_features, filters= [filter_name, filter_value])

0 Kudos
0 Replies