Need help with creating raster clips from point files

09-14-2023 06:51 AM
Labels (2)
ShawnaLReid
New Contributor III

Hello, I need help. I need to create individual raster clips, using a points layer(s), of the NLCD data raster. The clips need to be independent of the others, not just overlapped in same layer. How do I batch process the clipping of the rater using individual point files OR a points layer with all points together. I have the points already in both representations. It is taking too long to extract by mask for each point. Is there another way to do this in batch mode?  Any good scripts out there for that?? Thanks for any help with this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

extracting by one point at a time isn't going to be efficient, aggreate the points into one featureclass and use

Extract by Mask (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ShawnaLReid
New Contributor III
Thanks for responding. I have them as a single point file already. I used "split by attribute" to create individual point files. What I want to do is create a buffer for each point (which I've done and has resulted in a polygon layer for each point) and then extract (clip) the raster info from an NLCD raster, for EACH point's buffered polygon, resulting in creating each extracted raster as an individual raster. Does that make sense? I can do it individually, but with 97 points (polygons), that takes too long. I'd was hoping to find a batch method for creating all of the raster extractions.
0 Kudos