Network Analyst - Find average distance between points. Seems simple, but...

04-09-2024 07:56 AM
Labels (2)
RandyMcGregor_BMcD
New Contributor III

I have a series of points and my request is to get the average distance between points. This seems like a job for 'closest facility.' I ran that and got distances between each point and the location closest to it. (BTW, I had to select '2' for number of facilities because the facilities and the incidents are the same points and the closest facility is always the same point, which has a distance of 0.)

This may work but there is one issue. Sometimes points have one point near them, then a point in the opposite direction that is further away and there is no record. In the image below, I'd like to have the connection shown in the blue line, but each point at the end of it has a different closest point and this gap remains.

RandyMcGregor_BMcD_0-1712674325857.png

Is there a straightforward way to get the average distance between two points that does not have such gaps? The full route of all points in the system actually creates connectivity that would work, but the result is a single line and I can't get info about specific point-connections (or ... can I?).

Thank you for any information you may be able to provide.

0 Kudos
0 Replies