Null Value Set on Feature Template with Default Value Not Saving

Jump to solution
04-13-2023 07:03 AM
rlyding
New Contributor III

I have recently upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1 and have run into a possible bug with feature templates. I wanted to see if others can replicate. The following was working/possible in previous versions of Pro and I tested in 2.9 with the same dataset. For reference the layers being used in the map are feature service layers hosted on enterprise portal. The issue I have is trying to set Null as the value in a feature template on a field with a default value set. If you set any value other than Null the template saves and works as expected. The fields in question are set to allow Null. 

Steps:

Open the manage template properties window for a feature. In this case I want the diameter to populate as Null on feature creation not Unknown. Set the value to Null and click OK to save the setting and also save the project. If I go to create this feature in my Pro map the diameter value populates as Null as expected. However if I save and close the project, reopen, and open the feature template properties the Null I set in the feature template reverts back to Unknown. 

S1.PNG

Set value to Null then save template and project.

S2.PNG

After closing the project and opening again the template setting is not saved.

S1.PNG

I have tried a new project file and map and get the same result.

Regards,

Ryan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@rlyding This should be fixed in the next release of ArcGIS Pro. Feel free to contact Esri Technical Support if you need to track it and to ensure your workflow/schema/etc. are captured properly in a bug report.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting - so since you're working with a feature service for this workflow, I wonder if the attribute field in question allows NULLs or not.  You can go to ArcGIS Online or your ArcGIS Enterprise portal, find the feature layer in question and go to its Item Details.  From there, click DATA (towards the top right of the page) and click FIELDS.  Click the attribute field in question and see in the SETTINGS if it "allows Null Values" - I'd start here first...

AllowNulls.JPG

0 Kudos
rlyding
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I looked on ArcGIS Enterprise portal and allow null values is set to yes for the diameter field. 

EnterpriseFields.PNG

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting.  So I'm thinking the none thread here may be worth a look regarding fields and field calculations.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@rlyding This should be fixed in the next release of ArcGIS Pro. Feel free to contact Esri Technical Support if you need to track it and to ensure your workflow/schema/etc. are captured properly in a bug report.