Pro not exporting all fields of hosted feature layer

Jump to solution
02-27-2023 01:56 PM
Labels (1)
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Hi!

I'm trying to export a .cvs file (in Pro) from a feature layer hosted on ArcGIS Online. The feature layer is used in Field Maps and includes all the GPS metadata fields. It also has several other fields that were added later.

The issue I'm seeing is that when I use Export Features tool (from the contextual menu you get when you right click on a layer in the table of contents) or the Export tool (from the hamburger menu at the top right of the attribute table), I only have the option to export the original fields and the metadata fields. The newer fields (which have still been there for months) are not included in the Fields section of the export dialog boxes and do not get exported with the rest of the data. However, if I use the Table to Excel geoprocessing tool, it exports all the fields.

HollyTorpey_LSA_0-1677534570930.png

I can see all the fields in the attribute table, and I don't see anything different about the new fields in the Fields View.

HollyTorpey_LSA_1-1677534789648.png

HollyTorpey_LSA_2-1677534826427.png

Does anyone have any idea why this would be?

Thanks in advance!

- Holly
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

This might be a known issue already logged to Esri Support, BUG-000154896. 

"In ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3, right-clicking a layer created in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 in the Contents pane to export features does not include all of the fields in the attribute table."

I can determine if it's the same problem, by looking at the layer file, which you can generate by right-clicking the layer, select Sharing>Save As Layer File and email the result to dflater@esri.com. The layer file doesn't contain any sensitive data, only the layer property definitions. 

You can also try searching for "Copy Rows" in the geoprocessing pane and use that simplified tool to export the output .csv. The problem above relates to the Field Map parameter of the export tools. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

This might be a known issue already logged to Esri Support, BUG-000154896. 

"In ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3, right-clicking a layer created in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 in the Contents pane to export features does not include all of the fields in the attribute table."

I can determine if it's the same problem, by looking at the layer file, which you can generate by right-clicking the layer, select Sharing>Save As Layer File and email the result to dflater@esri.com. The layer file doesn't contain any sensitive data, only the layer property definitions. 

You can also try searching for "Copy Rows" in the geoprocessing pane and use that simplified tool to export the output .csv. The problem above relates to the Field Map parameter of the export tools. 

HollyTorpey_LSA

Hi Drew, thanks for the response, and apologies for not replying sooner. (Side note: I wish I could figure out how to be notified by email or text when someone responds!) 

It appears that the bug you mentioned was the cause of the issue. That bug has been fixed, and I can confirm that the layer I had trouble exporting before is now behaving as expected. 

Thanks again!

- Holly
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

I experienced a similar issue using the Export Data capability to export an ArcGIS Online hosted feature layer: missing attributes in the Output Fields parameter. I was successful exporting all attributes in an ArcGIS Online hosted feature layer using the Feature To Line (Data Management) geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.0.

Good luck!

LandInsight
New Contributor

We are facing the same issue exporting selected features to a new featureclass, it was dropping a lot of columns out of nowhere. Updating to new patch they sent 3.1.1, hopefully this is eliminated.

0 Kudos
GISAdminSHN
New Contributor III

This same problem exists in ArcMap 10.8.2, but good to know it's updated in Pro!

0 Kudos
Ryan_Gould
New Contributor III

I found a work around that does not remove any fields. 

1. Right-click the destination (in my case it is a file geodatabase)
  2. Choose Import Feature Classes

I see that this BUG is addressed in 3.12.

0 Kudos
TedStumbur
New Contributor

I noticed the issue was related to pop-up settings. I had limited the fields in Visualization that will show in a pop-up. Those were the only fileds I was able to export. When I added fieds to pop-up, they exported. It is confusing that you can see all the fileds in ArcPro Attribute table, but only export the ones that inlcuded in a pop-up under Visualisation on AGOL.

HollyTorpey_LSA

Wow, that's great to know (and definitely not intuitive at all)! It's amazing all the things that turn out to be dependent on the settings in the Visualization tab (another one is labels in Field Maps... they'll show up perfectly in the map viewer, but won't show up in Field Maps until you update that dang Visualization tab).

- Holly
0 Kudos