Pro Update 3.2.2 - Labels Are Not Drawing Properly

a week ago
vg11
by
Occasional Contributor

I recently updated Pro to 3.2.2 and as soon as I did, I noticed many labels not drawing properly. They now act as if there isn't 'space' when I had no issue before. Previously, all labels show without an issue. We often have two features near each other, and while some labels are fine, others will not show. The ones that are missing will show if I move the feature and isolate it, but I need them to be near each other. I am not seeing anyone else post about this so hopefully this can be addressed because it's a major issue. You will see in the image attached there are many numbers in groups of two, but the blank spots are where the labels won't draw. (Unless I drastically change the location or size, which I cannot do.)    Please Esri, help!

Label example.JPG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

These missing point labels may be considered ambiguous by the label engine since they're close to neighboring point features. You can now control how these potentially ambiguous labels are handled in the Remove ambiguous labels setting of the Maplex label engine. Toggle that setting to Do not remove and I suspect you'll see the labels come back.

JesseWickizer_1-1714421036438.png

vg11
by
Occasional Contributor

I tried this and it only fixed a few, but I tried the 'Unplaced Labels: Never remove (place overlapping)' and it fixed all of them. Thank you! These random updates keep me on my toes!

0 Kudos