Publishing Error (Cache Messages - Failed).

Jump to solution
12-09-2015 06:30 AM
JawadhHabeeb1
Occasional Contributor

HI,

When ever I publish a Web Layer for a MultiPatch I get the following error in the JOB QUEUE,

It shows successfully published but Cache Messages if FAILED, also i m not able to able the published web layers in the Portal  Scene View.

Any Solutions,

Regards,

Jawadh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Jawadh,

Your server needs either ArcGIS for Server Advanced edition or ArcGIS for Server Standard edition + the ArcGIS 3D Analyst for Server extension.

I'm not sure I understand the second bullet:

- Do GeoProcessing on flat vectors like and create extrusion in the web scenes...?

If you are using tools in the 3D Analyst Tools toolbox to create 3D features in either ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap, you will need the ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension.

Joanne

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Jawadh,

The ArcGIS Pro cache logs may provide you with some information as to why the caching is failing.

Detailed reports can be found at C:\Users\USERPROFILE\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Staging\SharingProcesses. The SharingJobLog.log file is found within each job folder and contains detailed information about that sharing job. A CachingLog.log is generated for each web tile layer and web scene layer that is published from ArcGIS Pro. It can be found in the associated job folder. The CachingLog.log contains detailed information about cache generation jobs. Note: If you delete a job from the Job Status pane, the corresponding job folder and all of its contents will be deleted from this location.

You can also take a look at the server logs via ArcGIS Server Manager to see if they reveal anything useful.

Joanne

JawadhHabeeb1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joanne

it turns out i get the following error in the Server Manager and CacheLogs

Error executing tool. Manage Scene Cache Job ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :

ERROR 000824: The tool is not licensed.

I still don't get how to solve this problem. i do have the advanced License.

Any Suggestions..?

regards,

Jawadh

0 Kudos
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Jawadh,

Check your server.

Does it use an Advance or Standard license? I wasn't sure from your post if you meant Pro, the server or both.

If it uses a Standard license, does it have the ArcGIS 3D Analyst for Server extension and is it enabled?

If the server has a Standard license, it will also need ArcGIS 3D Analyst for Server extension installed and enabled.

Joanne

JawadhHabeeb1
Occasional Contributor

hello Joanne,

It seems like i wasn't aware of the the extensions were expired from the server side.

can u kindly list out the necessary Extensions for me to add on the server side to .

- Upload multipatch 3D from ArcGIS pro to web Layers.

- Do GeoProcessing on flat vectors like and create extrusion in the web scenes.

..?

JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Jawadh,

Your server needs either ArcGIS for Server Advanced edition or ArcGIS for Server Standard edition + the ArcGIS 3D Analyst for Server extension.

I'm not sure I understand the second bullet:

- Do GeoProcessing on flat vectors like and create extrusion in the web scenes...?

If you are using tools in the 3D Analyst Tools toolbox to create 3D features in either ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap, you will need the ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension.

Joanne