Question about Styles in ArcGIS Pro

2 weeks ago
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I am trying to understand how to manage Styles in ArcGIS Pro.

Is there a way for me to keep all the styles in one place in a folder or should I have to copy a style and paste into one project folder ?

This is from ArcGIS Pro Resources that says  ( can be found here in Styles—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation )

"Import styles

You cannot use desktop styles (those used in ArcMap, ArcGlobe, or ArcScene) directly in ArcGIS Pro because of differences in the underlying database structure. However, you can import a style into an ArcGIS Pro project.

When you import a desktop style, an ArcGIS Pro version of it is created in the project home folder (for example, [install drive]:\\Users\MyUserName\Documents\ArcGIS\Projects\MyProjectName) and added to the project. You can reference it from this location (or copy it elsewhere) from other ArcGIS Pro projects. There is no need to import a desktop style more than once."

This is about import styles from ArcMap styles into ArcGIS Pro project home folder.

Is it possible for me to copy all the styles that ArcGIS Pro has copied it to project home folder ?

or Do I need to copy one and paste in your project folder you are working on ?

Since ArcGIS Pro does not have their own Style Manager like what ArcMap has ....

Is there a best practice on how to manage them ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
john1san
New Contributor

There is a brand new ArcGIS Pro style guide available from USGS in collaboration with the South Carolina Geological Survey here. The link to the .stylex file is under bullet number 4 towards the top of the page. Looks like the zip file includes some helpful readme files too

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thanks but where is the link ?

0 Kudos
BSBlagojevic
New Contributor III

I don't understood this as answer on your question 'There is a brand new ArcGIS Pro style guide available from USGS in collaboration with the South Carolina Geological Survey here. The link to the .stylex file is under bullet number 4 towards the top of the page. Looks like the zip file includes some helpful readme files too this' as answer on your question, but any related to the USGS style you can find on NGMDB | GeMS (usgs.gov) under Resources.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the link.

I apologize if I confuse you.

This is about where to storage the styles in one place and apply them to all project rather than you have to copy each styles to each project.

So what I was trying to do to find out what is the best practice to do with the styles here for ArcGIS PRo.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Styles—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

see Pro and destop styles info in the link

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos