Real Time Data from a SQL View to ArcGIS Online

02-21-2024 06:54 AM
Labels (2)
KellyLew
New Contributor

Hi all

Totally new to ArcGIS Pro and ESRI in general. I have used GIS products before though so understand the concepts. 

I would like to create a Live dashboard in ArcGIS online, the data i have is in a SQL view in our Incident database. The view i created has the Easting and Northing fields but it's a not a spatial database (is that a problem?). 

I would like to import the data into ArcGIS pro and publish it to ArcGIS Online as a live web layer that refreshes every 10 minutes. Or if it's possible, can this be done directly in ArcGIS online?

I have attempt this by; 

1. In ArcGIS Pro I created a new database connection and added the SQL view to the current map.
  2. The SQL view has Eastings and Northings and there is no Spatial Index on the incident tables in the database that I know of, so I am concerned that this is what’s causing the issue.
  3. I then tried to create a XY Event Layer but it didn’t recognise my Easting and Northing fields, it didn’t even suggest them in the drop downs. 

I also tried to import it through the Data Interop extension quick import tool. 

I can get the data to map points but when i set the refresh rate of 10 minutes it doesn't work. Even if i manually force the refresh. It appears to be a static table once imported. 

What am i doing wrong? Any advice or suggestions welcome. 

thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SeaRM
by
New Contributor III

Maybe it can help you.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/refreshing-dynamic-layers-automatica...

As for getting points from your table with Easting and Northing fields, I can suggest you exporting the table or just fields to a text file, and maybe rename the fields headers to Long and Lat, or X and Y. And then, you can try to create an event XY layer from this text file in ArcGIS again.

0 Kudos