Repairing Broken Data Source Not Working on All Layers

03-14-2024 04:33 PM
JacquelineAlessi
Occasional Contributor II

I was given a map and half of the layers have broken links. I have tried to reset the data source which worked for some of the layers. However other layers are refusing to repair. 

I have tried resetting the data source in the Properties - Not working - I get an error here that says layer data source could not be changed

I have tried to repair the data source using the red ! - Not Working

I have tried to reset the data source using find and replace - Not working

I have to be doing something wrong. I dont understand why I was able to change the source on some layers BUT not others.

All of the layers reside in the same FDS in the same Enterprise GDB which is reflected in the map.

JacquelineAlessi_0-1710459143495.png

JacquelineAlessi_1-1710459169882.png

None of the names have changed and I can manually locate the FC without issue. 

7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

you might want to look at this blog to see if there is anything that you haven't tried

ArcGIS Pro Tips: 5 Tips For Fixing Broken Data Links (esri.com)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JacquelineAlessi

Thank you, I already read through the blog an exhausted all options in it. There is nothing special about any of these layer no joins nothing. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

strange, the 'browse' to new location usually works after you select the file in its new location

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JacquelineAlessi

I completely agree! I have had success with much more complex maps in the past. 😕

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

I wish I could remember more details, but I believe I experienced a similar problem and it ended up being a permissions issue. This may be the case somehow, especially since you mentioned the map was “given” to you.

Are you able to create a new connection to the features in the FDS without issue?

JacquelineAlessi

Please my note about the ArcFM extension issue with object converter, my issue is at the Enterprise GDB level. 

0 Kudos
JacquelineAlessi

I have found that it is actually stemming from an issue in the ArcFM Object Converter, although all of the FC have been converted to ESRI objects some of them are still holding the CLSID that was associated to ArcFM. My issue is much more complex 😞 Truly appreciate all of the input. 

I converted the objects back to ArcFM and then over to ERI Objects again, and was able to resolve SOME of the layers, and all of the tables. 

0 Kudos