Report Templates from Business Analyst.

04-21-2023 02:28 PM
ChrisstianSandoval28
New Contributor II

I am working on a report template on Business Analyst and I would like to use that report on ArcPro in order to run some shapefiles. However, the file brpt and I don't know how to open it using Arcpro. Is there a way to open report templates from BAO in ArcPro? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChrisDistefano
Esri Contributor

Hello Chrisstian. You can import your report templates (created in the Web App) into ArcGIS BA Pro by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to the Catalog pane and click Portal > My Content. This will show all your items in your current portal.
  2. Click Report Templates to see the available custom templates you created in the Web App.
  3. Right-click the template you want to use and click Import Template.
  4. A status bar will appear: Importing report template... When finished, the Import Template dialog box will appear.
  5. Click OK.
  6. You will now see your report template inside parameters that access the templates—for example, Create Reports in the Summary Reports tool. You will find it under My Reports.
    2023-04-25_15-57-20.png

ChrisstianSandoval28
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I'll try this!

0 Kudos
DavidLockney
New Contributor

Thanks for this information - when I am right clicking on my BAO reports, however, I am only getting an option to delete the report, not import it. I've checked and these reports haven't been imported yet, so I am at a bit of an impasse. Do you have any suggestions on settings I may've missed? Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChrisDistefano
Esri Contributor

Hello David. I'm investigating but want to confirm that you are inside Business Analyst Pro > Catalog > Portal > Report Templates.

ChrisDistefano_0-1692832877434.png

0 Kudos
ChrisDistefano
Esri Contributor

Sorry about the previous post. I did not mean to hit send. To follow up, it is possible that you may have selected a non-template—for example, a Statistical Data Collection and attempted to import it. SDCXs have similar icons but have the only option to Delete.

ChrisDistefano_0-1692885260640.png

Would you provide a workflow and screenshot(s) to illustrate the steps that caused your issue?  Thanks

0 Kudos
DavidLockney
New Contributor

It ended up that my version of ArcGIS Pro was an earlier release version; updating to the newest version solved the problem! 

0 Kudos