Reverse Geocoding for Verint

09-28-2023 02:20 PM
Michael_VanHatten
New Contributor III

Hello,

My organization has decided to work with a software company called Verint. Verint has create forms for customers to use to report issues around our transit system. The form has a intgrate ESRI web map service that has very little ability to customize. The goal of the project is to allow a user to drop a point on the map, have that point run through a reverse geocoding service (custom built and hosted on our enterprise) and have the reverse geocoding results supply Verint with a unique ID called "PropertyID" for the asset that is most nearby to the point dropped on the map.

Verint requires me to make and host a custom made Reverse geocoding service that has all the street address data as well as assigned PropertyID values for the nearest asset point. The PropertyID is then used to compare against a CSV that has all the asset info in it. 

I am struggling to create a locator service and then publish it as a Geocoding Service while also including Unique IDs for the assets that will be in the map. I do not see how I can give the locator the proper information to also identify the point assets. Our Point assets do not have street address as part of the attribute data so I can not use it as the source layer for the geocoder. The street data I have for my area has all the street address info but there is no connection in the data to our point assets. 

At this point I am super confused about how Verint expects all this information to fit together. Is there anyone out there that has created a locator from a polyline street dataset that also has a attribute field that can relate back to a point layer? I am beyond exhausted with the Verint team as they have very little GIS understanding but are asking for complex custom GIS services just to display and locate existing data in a web map. I am sure my explanation is not the best but from what little information I have been given that is my best explanation. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@Michael_VanHatten I would consider creating a multirole locator with the Create Locator tool using the StreetAddress role for the street data you have and POI role for the point assets, where you can use the PropertyID as the string to map to PlaceName when building the locator. If you were to reverse geocode you could get either the street address or the asset that was closest to the picked location on the map.

It would be easier to provide a more specific answer if I was able to look at a sample of the data you were working with. Below are some help topics you should find helpful.

0 Kudos
xandermavrides
New Contributor II

Hi  Michael. Did you resolve? 

We are working with Verint,as well...and struggling. They can't seem to config our locator (Ohio State Plane) to work through the reversegeocode api. 

0 Kudos