Skyline Graph tool

Jump to solution
10-14-2017 02:17 AM
SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III

I was hoping on performing some analysis with the Skyline Graph tool (have already calculated outputs using the Skyline and Skyline Volume tools).

The tool is available in Pro but when I run it, it succeeds but does not give me an output chart.

I note in the params it mentions out_graph is not supported.  A little confused on how/if I can output a Skyline Graph with this tool in Pro or if I need to backtrack into ArcMap, or if there is an easy way I can create a chart from the results perhaps in a separate program and then import as an image for my layout?

Would also be interested to hear if anyone has seen any interactive ways of visualising the charts and skyline results in an app that uses the web scene.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Simon, this is being reviewed by the development team for inclusion in Pro, but I'm not able to provide a very accurate timeline.  The earliest we hope to see it included in Pro would be for the 2.2 release which would be mid-2018, but it could fall later than that. Sorry that it isn't great news, but I hope this helps answer your question that yes, the plan is to bring it into Pro...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I suspect that they omitted the word ... yet ... 

The ArcMap Skyline Graph tool does provide the conditions for which a graph will be produced and since Pro doesn't have ArcGlobe, or ArcScene it may be that they haven't gotten around to tying the graphics portion in with Pro and its natural 3D rendering capabilities.

SimonJackson

Would be really neat if it was incorporated into the new charting capabilities in Pro (as a new type of chart).

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Simon, this is being reviewed by the development team for inclusion in Pro, but I'm not able to provide a very accurate timeline.  The earliest we hope to see it included in Pro would be for the 2.2 release which would be mid-2018, but it could fall later than that. Sorry that it isn't great news, but I hope this helps answer your question that yes, the plan is to bring it into Pro...

0 Kudos
SimonJackson

Thanks Kory.  All good. Its the first time I have ever used the tool.

Would love to see the Javascript team have a think about a sample to visualize these charts alongside the Sky Volume layers in a web app.

0 Kudos