Spatial Reference Missing from Source Tab/Dialog of Feature Class Properties

08-12-2016 12:37 PM
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am hoping someone from Esri can weigh in on the logic to have the Source tab/dialog data elements different or missing for feature class properties in the Project pane compared to layer properties in the Contents pane?

I keep wanting to look for spatial reference information of feature classes in the project pane, but the information just isn't there.

Layer properties:

arcgis_pro_layer_properties_source.PNG

Feature class properties:

arcgis_pro_feature_class_properties_source.PNG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Hmmm I wonder why?  But did you know that they now publish a "Known Issues" section which might address questions they are getting asked about functionality that isn't there yet.  Not that your answer is there, but perhaps if it isn't it could be added

Release Notes for ArcGIS Pro 1.3—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

PS    it is lengthy

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if we will get an explanation or any feedback.  Regardless, I think they should add extent and spatial reference information into Project pane properties:  ArcGIS Pro: Include/Add Extent and Spatial Reference to Feature Class Source Tab‌.

UPDATE:  A formal enhancement request has also been logged with Esri. 

ENH-000098620: Please add Extent, Spatial Reference, and Domain/Resolution/Tolerance information to ArcGIS Pro's feature class properties in the project pane