SQL with one layer that has more than 2 conditions won't show a label to show up Question ?

10-28-2023 10:51 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hello, 

I have been working on creating a state map with our  forest. This is to show our customer who comes into our office and our front Desk employees can show them where or which forest. The map I have has a layer that show all the county names and their symbol too.  I was able to turn two of them off :however, one of them will not allow me to turn it off . I had to create a new label class for that county because it will not display in the map layout.

Example in the Map Layout : 

This circle shows the county label is missing and It is shown in hidden outside of the map t. It is located in Cheyenne, Nebraska. When I create a new label class for that Cheyenne, NE and it will show up correctly in the map layout.

PROBERT68_0-1698514511445.png

However, the default label class I wrote will not allow me to turn Cheyenne label off . It keeps showing up and display. 

PROBERT68_1-1698514702107.png

( OR)

PROBERT68_2-1698514732520.png

The list I create for Label classes as follows :

PROBERT68_3-1698514934573.png

Would anyone in here help me out how to get it the label "Cheyenne" to turn it off in this  Default label class ?

I believe this SQL requires me to have two conditons for one layer ; but what if you have at least two and I think it will not work for this situtation.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Problem solved.  I could not figure it out until this morning and decided to try different methods ; however this is the only way it works..

PROBERT68_0-1698681723862.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So if the goal is to not display Cheyenne County labels, this would work.  I think the issue is parentheses and the use of and/or's. See below.

LabelClassClause.JPGLabelClassSQL.JPG

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thank you ! 

0 Kudos