Strange Pop-up display in 2.2

06-29-2018 04:26 AM
TheodoreF
Occasional Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.1.3:

ArcGIS Pro 2.2:

Both used on two simple polygon shapefiles. The 2.2 popup has an uneccessary drop down menu at the top of the pop up, and then some code showing where I assume it shouldn't be.

Happens on other layers too.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'm not seeing this, but I have a suspicions. Care to zip and post your shapefile(s) to this thread?

TheodoreF

Sure I'll upload it.

0 Kudos
KarenZwicker
Esri Contributor

Hi there, My name is Karen. I work on the team that built pop-ups for Pro.  The 2.2 version of pop-ups got a make-over which you are noticing by the changes to the UI.  The top portion is a tree list for the identified results (and any related data) since you can now identify multiple features by dragging a box and holding down Ctrl. The bottom portion displays the information for the item selected in the tree list.   This was a big equivalency improvement to more closely match Desktop's Identify tool. 
As for the html string information you're seeing,  this line of code we've determined will appear when the cell value is empty. We have plans to address this for the 2.3 release. 

Thank you!

Karen Zwicker

TheodoreF

Thanks. But surely the visible html code string is a fix for 2.2.1, not 2.3!

CathyWilson2
Occasional Contributor

In Pro 2.2.1, that code appears if the field it grabs to display has one or more spaces in it. If it is truly blank, it displays <empty>. If it is NULL, it displays <null>. It only shows this code if there are spaces. If seems to be grabbing the first field that has the word NAME in it, or if none, then it grabs an ID field. I guess the workaround is to make sure you don't have spaces in your data!

Cathy

0 Kudos