Symbolize Polygon data based on multiple attributes with different Fill Style

06-25-2020 11:28 PM
AmrutaBildikar
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am very new to ArcGIS Pro but excited to explore lot of options what ArcPro is offering in symbology area.

I am working with ArcGIS Pro : 2.4.3

I want to achieve some custom symbology and tried working on it from couple of days but not able to get it. Can experts help?

Problem:

1.I have a polygon feature class in GDB which has 2 fields which I want to consider for symbology: youngestAge and weights.

2.I have feature class already symbolized in 14 classes based on 'youngestAge' field but now, I want to fill all those polygons with hatched lines which are having 'weight' attribute value<100

3.Currently, I am able to get control over changing transparency and outline of polygon based on this other field 'Weight' but that is not what I want.

Referred link:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000022108

I am looking for symbolizing polygon with variation in fill and not the outline.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One way I can see doing this is copy/paste your original layer with the youngestAge symbology to your existing Map View.  Then in the newly pasted layer, go to the Layer Properties and create a Definition Query where weight<100.  Then for the symbology change it to single symbology and choose the 10% simple hatch symbol from the Gallery.  This layer will draw on top of your youngestAge layer.  See my attached graphic for something similar.

0 Kudos