Symbology colors and symbols change exporting to PDF

01-09-2024 01:56 PM
chadhickman
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Our organization is experiencing an issue when exporting layouts form Pro to a PDF. In some case the text color will change to black. Other times a symbol will change.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

I am currently using ArcGIS Pro version 3.2.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you share the export settings you are using? That can often help troubleshoot what is happening. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
chadhickman

Aubri,

Thank you for replying. I have attached the export settings I am using.

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you! Try checking on Convert character symbols to polygon. That usually isn't needed, but for some symbol types it is to preserve the symbol properly on export. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
chadhickman

I tried this yesterday and it did not make a difference.

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't see anything else in your settings that would be causing this. If it's only occurring on some machines it sounds like there is another factor that hasn't been identified. It could be a difference hardware, Pro version, or something else. 

Cheers,
Aubri
ODWC_GIS
New Contributor III

I don't suppose you are using any Feature Layer "Effects" are you?  If you are, you can't export to PDF, as that format can't handle them.  I needed to use PNG for a bunch of pages instead of the previous PDF standard...

0 Kudos
chadhickman

No I am not using any effects. They are very "basic" layouts. What is strange is that the symbology changes are not seen on everyone's machine. 

0 Kudos