Select to view content in your preferred language

Symbology/Colors are not uniformly updating in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1

Jump to solution
05-04-2023 11:34 AM
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone!

When I am working with color schemes in ArcGIS Pro - I noticed something that's a little curious.

If I pick a color bar, and then adjust one of the colors - if I then switch to another color bar, it will update the attribute that I adjusted, but not the others.

So what happens - is if I have A and B in the attributes, and pick the blue color bar > switch B to red > and then select the gray/black color bar > only B updates but not A

As you continue to pick different color bars, A will always stay the same. If I want to reset the colors, I have to switch it back to Single Symbol > go back to Unique Values > and then re-add the data again.

The color bar schema doesn't seem to matter - I was just picking ones that contrasted to see the change. 

In general, it seems like it's caching the symbology information and having a hard time updating when you want to change to a different color bar.

Thoughts? Curious if anyone else seems this in 3.1.1 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

In your example, you only have one symbol selected when you change the color bar.  This will only change the color of the selected symbol(s), so, either select all of the symbols you want to change when you switch color bars, or select None of them and this will change them all. 

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

In your example, you only have one symbol selected when you change the color bar.  This will only change the color of the selected symbol(s), so, either select all of the symbols you want to change when you switch color bars, or select None of them and this will change them all. 

R_

0 Kudos
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

Ah - thank you for letting me know! That makes sense!

0 Kudos