Unable to connect to Microsoft SQL Server 2019

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
Akashi_M
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am currently on my ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0 trial version and I am testing some potential use cases for my company. One of these is that we are able to connect with ArcGIS Pro on to our Microsoft SQL Server 2019, which we use on a regular basis.

When I try to establish a connection to the database in the catalog pane I am getting following error: Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications software that is not supported. []

The used connection properties should be right and I asked our IT department to install the newest ODBC 18 Version onto our SQL Server, but I am still not able to establish a connection to the server. What could be the reason for this error.

For further information we are able to connect to the server using QGIS and MapInfo, but ArcGIS Pro won´t work.

Thank you for your help in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Akashi_M
New Contributor II

Solution was the installation of Version 18 on my PC.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, Have you seen this: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/manage-data/linux/connect-sqlserver.htm

Also having the right firewall rules in place so your GIS machine is allowed to reach the SQL server is mandatory.

Succes!

B

Akashi_M
New Contributor II

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Try uninstalling the Version18 and only installing the latest available Version 17.10.6 and check.

Download ODBC Driver for SQL Server

Akashi_M
New Contributor II

Thank you for your help! The solution was to install Version 18 on my pc. Then I was able to connect on to the server.

0 Kudos
Akashi_M
New Contributor II

Solution was the installation of Version 18 on my PC.