Unable to edit/view HTML metadata in Pro 3.0.

03-08-2023 12:09 PM
Labels (2)
BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello! I was asked how to edit the metadata on a geodatabase feature class both created in and trying to edit in Pro 3.0. When I was trying to give a demo on how to do this, I was kind of surprised to see this message displayed in the metadata tab. "This item has metadata in HTML format. It can't be displayed or edited in ArcGIS Pro" 

Additionally, when you right click > Edit Metadata this error displays "This document already has a 'DocumentElement' node."  We have adjusted the backstage > Options > Metadata Style and that doesn't seem to work either.  

I'm striking out in he documentation trying to understand how to change HTML to .....? Anything that will work. All the metadata manage tools in the menu are grayed out.  Anyone able to tell me both why this happened and how to fix it so we can edit the metadata? 

Officially stumped.

Tags (2)
3 Replies
kmsmikrud

Hi!,

I am also experiencing the same message when viewing a couple of feature class metadata descriptions. 

Did you find a way to remove the HTML?

Thank-you!,

Kathy

BugPie
by

Unfortunately I did not. We just kind of swept this under the rug until it piles up too much and we trip over it. 

0 Kudos
LouiseWedley1
New Contributor

Has Esri still not done anything to fix this problem? Any update? I have the same issue!

0 Kudos