Uninstalled ArcGIS pro with license still checked out to work offline

Jump to solution
09-02-2022 09:40 AM
Labels (1)
AhmadRaji
New Contributor II

I've been using my ArcGIS license in offline mode for weeks now. I recently changed my computer name and had to restart my computer (with the license still in offline mode).

After restarting, I opened ArcGIS and was prompted to sign in. On signing in, I get this error "ArcGIS pro the account could not be used to authorize ArcGIS pro because it has been configured to use offline".

I think the issue is with changing the computer name but reverting the name doesn't fix it. I then uninstalled ArcGIS pro with the license still checked out to work offline and reinstalled ArcGIS pro, and the error still persists.

Checking the registry values after installing, I noticed "ARCPROWORKOFFLINE" is set to TRUE

How do I remove my License from my computer without opening the main software?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I think the first place to start would be to contact Customer Service or Technical Support. The license may need to be reset.

--- George T.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I think the first place to start would be to contact Customer Service or Technical Support. The license may need to be reset.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
AhmadRaji
New Contributor II

Thanks, @George_Thompson. I already contacted them.

0 Kudos
TroyGerhardt1
New Contributor III

I agree. Had a similar situation, same error message. For me, only solution was to have Esri reset license.

0 Kudos