Utility Network - Editing parent point feature's Z value causes all associated features to co-locate at parent's location

Jump to solution
08-27-2023 07:08 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

I'm currently testing ArcGIS Pro 2.9.8 and 2.9.10 with Utility Network 3 (Electrical) on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 and have come across an issue that we haven't seen in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.4 before.

Our model has an Electric Assembly that can contain Electric Devices via containment association.

When an electric assembly's geometry is modified (eg. Z value) all of the associated electric device features that are contained are also moved even with the 'Disconnect' option enabled.

There is a before & after image attached. From the after image, see can see all the dirty areas created by the change. The device features are all at the location of the assembly (highlighted feature) and the network is now broken by these moves.

Has anybody else noticed this before and maybe know of a solution (eg. wrong option configured) or is this bug?

This only occurs with point features that have an association either containment or attachment and can be the same domain or across domains (eg. structure to electric, electric to electric, structure to electric)

Thanks for any help with this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This bug was fixed with the latest ArcGIS Pro update 3.2.2 - BUG-000153273 for ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL

@JohnAlsup @MikeMillerGIS Have you seen this type of issue with UN features before? Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Mike,

Thanks for this. I need to brush up on my search skills in the support pages as I can't find that.

I'm a little disappointed that the bug hasn't been rectified yet. I see that it's in the product plan but how long do we expect the fix to be implemented?

The workaround is to use the 'Move' tool but how does an editor move a feature in Z only?

Is there a way to escalate this as we consider the edit vertices tool to be key functionality within the application?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

The best process is to get your account tied to the bug and ask for an escalation.  I also linked this post to the issue internally.

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Mike,

Support Case raised and I have asked our vendor to link it to the bug & escalate. Thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This bug was fixed with the latest ArcGIS Pro update 3.2.2 - BUG-000153273 for ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)