WFS Server authentification - Geoserver

11-23-2023 02:52 AM
vaninJean
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to connect ArcGis Pro to a WFS broadcasted by Geoserver.
On Geoserver, I have configured restricted access to certain users (via a username and password) for one layer (layer1), and one layer is accessible to all users (layer 2). In other words, only an authenticated user can access layer 1, and all users can access layer 2.

However, when I connect ArcGis Pro to the WFS, only layer 2 appears. Yet, I specified the correct username and password in the authentication.
I should note that in the Catalog Mod of Geoserver (which indicates how layers are exposed to a user based on their access rights), I have selected the hidden mode and the mixed mode, but it does not change anything…
I have tested it on QGIS, and everything works fine. The authenticated user can access layers 2 and 1.

I also tried to authenticate directly in the URL: http://username:password@localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs? But it is unsuccessful.

Would you have a solution to offer me?

Thank you in advance for your help

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sithubinstitute
New Contributor

When you check out SITHUB institute to sign up with a python training course after that they will ask you to take a demo class for it, which is once again a good thing to gather knowledge concerning their proficiency in a particular field.

0 Kudos