Which processes can continue after ArcGIS Pro closes?

01-24-2019 02:40 PM
DalindaDamm
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to locate a list of tools/processes that can continue once ArcGIS Pro has been closed. For instance, the "Share to Web Layer" process will continue to run in this situation. I have searched and searched on this and keep coming up empty handed. Can anyone point me to this information?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It might be easier if you indicated which ones you are interested in.  There is way too much that would have to be sifted through

0 Kudos
DalindaDamm
Occasional Contributor

I am literally interested in ANY tool or process that doesn't shut down with the application. I am preparing to do some in-depth testing of ArcGIS Pro for a client and I need to be aware of such processes. I was hoping there was a list somewhere that identified this. As I mentioned in the original question, I have dug a bunch in the help documentation and other literature and I'm not finding much, but I am assuming there are others out there beyond that 'Share to Web Layer' tool.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I will flag Esri Technical Support‌ to see if anyone knows of such a list

0 Kudos
DalindaDamm
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan Patterson‌, much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

I looked for such a list, but I'm not seeing anything. Dalinda should reach out to Esri Technical Support at 888-377-4575 to find out if we can produce such a list. You may be able to use Process Monitor or Process Explorer to give you an answer; however, I imagine you would have to use the software in such a way that all possible subprocesses are captured.

-Scott

0 Kudos