Why were Geostatistical Layers removed from the "Apply Symbology" tool in 3.2? Is there a way to copy symbology to geostatistical layers?

04-03-2024 11:39 PM
Labels (3)
MathewBlanc
New Contributor II

Hi,

Just trying to figure out why the "Apply Symbology to Layer" tool worked with geostatistical layers in ArcGIS Pro 3.1, but that functionality seems to have been removed in 3.2?

I have 30+ geostatistical layers that I need to update the symbology on, and I cannot believe that there is no automated way to do this? Please tell me that there's some tool I've missed. Especially since there doesn't seem to be a way to define a default symbology before I start doing my analysis (happy to be corrected on that).

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

from the 3.1 and 3.2 help

Applies the symbology from a specified layer or layer file to the input. It can be applied to feature, raster, network analysis, TIN, and geostatistical layers.

Can you be more specific about the differences between versions you are referring to

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MathewBlanc
New Contributor II

Well that's embarrassing, I swear when I looked at it yesterday the documentation for 3.2 didn't include geostatistical layers (serves me right for not screenshotting!).

In any case, when I try to run the tool on a geostatistical layer, I get this error:

MathewBlanc_0-1712281884968.png

Which seems to imply that the documentation is wrong and that this tool doesn't work on a geostatistical layer.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

contact tech support so they can test with your data, if it is indeed an error or documentation issue

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos