zoom in tool does not re-center

03-13-2017 07:17 AM
AndreaRepp
New Contributor

Using the zoom in tool from the tools toolbar (sorry!) does not re-center the display, it just zoom it in (in the data view and layout view).  The zoom out tool re-centers but the zoom in tool does not.  Is it supposed to act this way or do I have something set incorrectly to allow me to do this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Use Fixed Zoom in /Fixed Zoom Out instead of  Zoom in / Zoom out.

AndreaRepp
New Contributor

I have a workaround...that was not my question.  I want to know if that is how the tool is intended to work or if it is broken.  I would like to use it like I used to be able to use it a couple of versions ago.  And your workaround does not do exactly what I need done anyway.  But thank you.

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Are you new in ArcGIS 10.X

what are versions you said about?

I used to be able to use it a couple of versions ago. 

0 Kudos
AndreaRepp
New Contributor

I upgraded from 10.1 to 10.4 about 6 months ago.  It worked in 10.1 and all previous versions back to vanilla (yes I've been using it that long, in fact before ArcMap...like Arc, ArcEdit and ArcPlot).  It seems odd to me that the zoom out would re-center but the zoom in wouldn't.  I'm not understanding that.  I guess it is just more backward functionality.  The tool was helpful to me, now it is not.  I was just wondering if it was broken or others had the same behavior.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos