Project.GetRecentProjects() not retrieving old Projects

11-29-2023 08:25 AM
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am upgrading my configuration to work with the new version of ArcGIS Pro 3.2

In my configuration I load a list of recent projects that the user has worked on.  After the upgrade, old projects that were created with previous arcgis pro version are no longer returned from this command.

Project.GetRecentProjects().Select(f => new FileInfo(f));

I know my old projects will load in the new pro, as I can do it OOB and then rerun my configuration and they then show up in my list.  Is this expected behavior that GetRecentProjects only returns the projects created in latest version of Pro that is running.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NarelleChedzey
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

The recent project list is a user setting.  When you upgrade to a new version of ArcGIS Pro, you get a new collection of user settings.   As far as I know they do not automatically transfer between versions  That is your 3.1 user settings do not automatically become your 3.2 user settings when you upgrade to 3.2. 

The GetRecentProjects API should return all the projects in your 3.2 recent project list user setting.  This is not restricted to projects that have been "created" in the 3.2 version, but projects that have been "opened" in 3.2. 

You can find your user settings for 3.2 at c:\users\(userID)\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro_StrongName_xxxx\3.2.0.0

where the xxxx in ArcGISPro_StrongName_xxxx is some collection of characters. 

Narelle

0 Kudos