Set Dockpane Location

Jump to solution
12-10-2022 02:36 PM
Labels (1)
JR99
by
New Contributor II

Can someone please point me towards the documentation or an example where I can learn how to place a dockpane in a particular group on the screen?

I've read in here DockPane Class—ArcGIS Pro that the dock property can be set but the only value provided is "group".

dock = Where the DockPane should initially appear.

I've looked at the community samples and stepped through a few with the debugger, but I can't work out where the dockpane position is being set. i.e. I want to be able to programmatically dock it in the group at the bottom of the screen or on the right, or so on.

I'd also appreciate an example of how to say, I want my dockpane added to the same group containing the Catalog dockpane.

What's probably also causing me some confusion is when using the CustomPaneWithContents solution from the community sample, the Custom Pane 1 dockpane attaches to the top or bottom group depending on which group was last active. I can't figure out how it's choosing whether to dock to the top or bottom.

Update

I've also found this documentation: ProGuide DockPanes · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com) but it doesn't list all the Dock properties. (Are they limited to top, bottom, left, right? ) It also doesn't explain how to attach it to the active group.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanielRatzlaff
New Contributor III

In the ProGuide article you linked to, under "Customize initial position", there are examples of the dockWith attribute used with dock="group" which defines where your dockpane should appear.  This is set in the DAML file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JR99
by
New Contributor II

Seems I skimmed over the ProGuide a little too quick.

JR99_0-1674345792684.png

It doesn't explain why it sometimes attaches a dockpane to the active group rather than the specified group, but that's not going to matter in my solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanielRatzlaff
New Contributor III

In the ProGuide article you linked to, under "Customize initial position", there are examples of the dockWith attribute used with dock="group" which defines where your dockpane should appear.  This is set in the DAML file.

0 Kudos
JR99
by
New Contributor II

Seems I skimmed over the ProGuide a little too quick.

JR99_0-1674345792684.png

It doesn't explain why it sometimes attaches a dockpane to the active group rather than the specified group, but that's not going to matter in my solution.

0 Kudos