Visual Studio extensions search wont return ArcGIS Pro SDK extension

12-02-2023 10:09 PM
AlexDevoid
New Contributor II

I am developing with Visual Studio 17.8 on windows 11 running on Parallels on my mac. When I search for the ArcGIS Pro SDK extensions, the search only returns a ArcGIS Map SDK. I have downloaded the correct .net sdk from here: https://github.com/dotnet/core/blob/main/release-notes/6.0/6.0.5/6.0.5.md

What am I missing? Could someone help? What more can I provide to help you help me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lader34
New Contributor

Utilizing Visual Studio 2017.8 on Windows 11 through Parallels on my Mac, I encounter a limitation in the search for ArcGIS Pro SDK extensions, which only yields results for ArcGIS Map SDK.

To address this, I've downloaded the appropriate .NET SDK from the official repository to ensure compatibility and functionality.

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

This must be a Mac specific issue because the search on my Window 11 OS with Visual Studio 2022 17.8 works as expected:

Wolf_0-1701786324757.png

0 Kudos
VedantBajaj
Esri Contributor

Hi @AlexDevoid, the current build for the Pro SDK is for x64 systems, and Macs with M series chips runs AMD 64. We are evaluating if we could add support for Windows 11 on ARM for Macs with the M Series chips in the future and will update this thread in case we do.

0 Kudos