QuickCapture: add photo prompt or title

01-22-2024 04:20 PM
JuliaMoloney1
New Contributor II

When capturing photos is enabled, it would be useful to be able to provide a prompt or title for the photo screen.

For example, I want the fieldworkers to record two photos - one of the site, and one of the sample collected. At the moment, when the button is clicked to record a point it goes straight to the camera screen, then you take a photo, and it moves quickly to the next camera screen. But there isn't anywhere that says, "Photo 1" or "Photo 2" so users could accidently take a photo and be on the second screen without realising it. Having the option to give each camera screen a title, or at least be able to create a text prompt for that photo would be useful. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

@JuliaMoloney1, do you think it would be useful for this "title" to be the text from the button the users are selecting?  I could see that that type of functionality being helpful for field users.  

0 Kudos
JuliaMoloney1
New Contributor II

Possibly, I was thinking more for situations where the button has been set-up to record multiple photos, and the title would be on the same screen as the camera as a sort of prompt for the fieldworker. For example, I have a "Record a sample button" and I want the fieldworker to collect two photos within that one point. On one camera screen I would like to customise a title that says "take a photo of the sample" and another that says "take a photo of the sample site". Similar to how you can set the label for other input fields, or in the text field how you can "Apply hint" in the settings.

0 Kudos